Where my areolae go, I will follow.
-The Miss

Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Formal Apology

Dear Readers,
I would like to offer a formal apology for the Miss' last blog. I hope you all understand that she was writing about her relationship with her homework. The poor woman...all she does is read and write and eat an occasional Little Debbie (and I know that any of you who know her know that remark about an "occasional" Little Debbie was kind).

I suppose if all it takes for her to find a little glimmer or shard of hope in life is to make up a pretend man to share it with, well I really cannot fault her.

Call it the English romantic in me (for that is part of my lineage!), but methinks a quote from ye olde family friend William Shakespeare is appropriate at this sad hour:
"Love goes toward love, as schoolboys from their books; but love from love, toward school with heavy looks."

William really did know about the realm of love. I enjoy that he is saying that a lover goes to their beloved as eagerly as a schoolboy leaves his books. Right now the Miss' love is directed towards her books (as well as Gladys and I!). But I don't mind not having a man around at the moment-- let's face it, comrades-- generally they are better in literature anyway.

With profound respect and English sentiments,
Jiles

No comments:

Post a Comment